Followers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Life

I was born and brought up in a self sufficient family of 8 siblings. I came in this world on the 1st December 1958 as a fifth child. My father, the sole breadwinner taught us how to survive in situation where resources were scarce. After 12 years of primary school education I manage to enter special class in Sekolah Menengah Kamil, Pasir Puteh, Kelantan in 1971. In 1974 after LCE I transferred to Sekolah Menengah Hamzah, Machang, Kelantan and completed MCE in 1976. In July 1977 at the age of 18, I was appointed as a teacher in Sekolah Kebangsaan Bukit Durian, Tanah Merah, Kelantan in July 1977. January 1978, I transferred to Sekolah Kebangsaan Laloh, Ulu Kelantan. In January 1979, I was offered a position as Customs Officer at Rantau Panjang. In December 79, I joined the Anti-Smuggling Unit or UPP, the allied force of Customs, Police, Immigration and the National Paddy Board or LPN now known as BERNAS, the unit were stationed at Kuala Kedah Police, after three years in the unit in early 1982 I was transferred to proper Customs Department in Port Klang, Selangor. The opportunity to continue my study had made me enrolled in ITM's DPA out campus program in 1982 and graduated in 1985. Six month after the graduation I flew to Indiana, USA pursuing Bachelor Degree at Tri-State University under the ITM young lecturer scheme and JPA scholarship, graduated with BSc. BA (Management) in summer 1988. In fall season the same year I was admitted to Webster University in Saint Louis, Missouri and graduated with MBA in 1989. I came back to Malaysia on 1st January 1990 and appointed as lecturer in entrepreneurship at ITM Perlis. About 8 years in the service I was promoted to Associate Professor in 1999 while pursuing Ph.D degree in corporate management at USM and graduated in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment